1. Donor Medical History Review and Physical Examination (Initial Consult)
It is important to review the donor's medical history along with a physical examination to help determine if the donor is medically qualified to proceed. This is usually a 2 hour appointment at our center.
The following test will be performed at this appt.:
- A trans-vaginal ultrasound,
- An FDA required infectious disease blood panel test.
- If you are not a local donor, please be sure to take an FDA Donor ID Panel kit with you so that you may re-test locally and without delay.
- Pap smear
- Genetic Screening (please be aware that the results may take longer to return, which will postpone medical clearance)
- All consent forms must be signed and returned.
- Please be sure to fill out the Initial History Interview form and signed.
- Donors will be required to abstain from sexual intercourse as they begin the process at our office and will start taking birth control pills for 2-3 weeks.
- Please note that if you have any of these records from within a year, you can bring a copy in and you will not have to repeat the test.