COVID-19 Patient Safety Guidelines and Treatment Updates
We understand there are growing concerns as the situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve in the United States. Life IVF Center is actively monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and we continue to prioritize the safety, health, and wellbeing of our patients and staff.
Life IVF Center would like to share an update regarding the steps we are taking to protect our patients and staff during this time:
- Team members have been instructed to take any signs of illness seriously, seek medical attention as needed, and to stay at home if sick.
- All employees and patients must constantly wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, please use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a mask, we strongly recommend patients to provide and wear their own. Because of shortage supply, masks will only be available to those who really need them including our staff members.
- LIC facilities and equipments have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected according to our policies and procedure manuals.
- Operational protocols have been implemented to include designated daily day temperature monitoring of patients and staff before entering any of our facilities. If the temperature is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, he/she will be asked to leave and see his/her physician or local hospital screening station. Anyone who measures above 99 degrees Fahrenheit but under 100, will be asked to sit outside and be re-screened after 5 minutes, followed by a prescreening questionnaire by one of our nurses, regarding travel history and respiratory symptoms.
- Employees have been provided with sanitation supplies and instructed to clean work areas frequently and diligently.
- Until further notice please avoid any domestic and international traveling.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people, stay 6 ft. from each other (Social Distancing)
The following appointment and upcoming treatment recommendations and guidelines will take into effect as of 3/16/2020 in order to prevent the increased spread of COVID-19:
- Every outside visitors including company representatives, vendors and patients will need to be pre-screened and pre-scheduled. We will not allow any walk-ins until further notice.
- All phone appointments will be prescreened with a series of travel history and respiratory symptoms questions before the actual visit. Anyone who answers positive will be asked to reschedule or cancel the appointment, and will be offered a telemedicine/phone or internet consult.
- Patient’s accompanying person(s) (except sexually intimate partner), friends, agents and children will NOT be allowed to enter our facility premises, to avoid unnecessary exposure during this difficult time.
- It is highly recommended that all new cycle day 2 monitoring appointments for Frozen Embryo Transfers be postponed 1 to 2 months.
- Due to caution and safety for all of our patients who are currently in IVF treatment, we will recommend embryo freezing and transfer at a later time.
- For patients who are currently in the middle of an embryo transfer cycle, please contact our receptionist to schedule a phone consultation with one of our physicians to further discuss options to postpone your treatment.
- Our monitoring and procedure hours will be temporarily modified from 7:30am to 1:30pm until further notice. Please be sure to contact our Front Desk should you have any appointment questions.
- In regards to your frozen oocyte(s), sperm and embryo(s) during this period of time, please know your reproductive tissues are one of our highest priorities. Life IVF Center provides the highest level of surveillance system in the industry and follows CAP guidelines. All Incubators and storage tanks are closely monitored and alarmed 24/7 and numerous lab staff members will be notified by text or call if conditions were to fall out of range.
Life IVF Center will continue to closely monitor the latest guidance from, local healthcare authorities, CDC, and the World Health Organization. We intend to remain open and treat healthy patients; however, we will take all the recommended precautions to safeguard the health of our patients and staff members.
Thank you for placing your trust in our organization during this difficult time, we will continue to keep you informed as additional measures are taken.